ST. ANDREW UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
|Job Title:||Nursery Worker|
|Position Type:||Part-time, 7 hours/week|
|Date posted:||February 3, 2020|
|Applications Accepted By:|
Subject Line: Job Opening
Attention: Rev. John Blount
*Cover Letter and Resume Required*
Rev. John Blount, Minister
Saint Andrew United Methodist Church
2001 W. 11th Street
Panama City, Florida 32401
The Nursery Worker (NW) is a part-time ministry position with the primary responsibilities of
1) Providing a welcoming and safe place for all children (infants through preschool)
2) Assisting the Nursery Director with all activities, and
3) Supporting the ministry of St. Andrew United Methodist Church (SA-UMC).
The NW will be supervised by the Senior Pastor, with ultimate accountability to the Staff Parish Relations Committee, to the policies of The Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church, the SA-UMC Staff-Parish Relations Committee Personnel Handbook, and The Safe Sanctuaries Guidelines of SA-UMC.
On-site work hours vary according to need; however, the NW will be present on Sunday mornings from 8:30am – 12noon and Wednesdays from 4pm – 7:30pm. As well, the NW will be offered additional hours for special occasions when a nursery is required (ie. Weddings, funerals, meetings, special events, etc.).
$10/hour; paid biweekly.
· Creating a welcoming and safe space:
o Help to maintain a clean, organized, and welcoming nursery.
o Warmly greet parents and children when they come to the nursery.
o Ensure the nursery is a place of joy, play, and friendship.
o Assist children/parents/nursery workers and volunteers up and down the stairs as needed.
o Tables, toys and other surfaces are to be cleaned and disinfected after use in the nursery and indoor playground.
o Bedding is to be washed when used.
o Soiled diapers should be taken to the outside dumpster.
· Assist the Nursery Director
o Assist the Nursery Director in all areas, including play, cleaning, teaching, and other activities
o Cover the Nursery Director’s responsibilities when absent.
· Support the Ministry of SA-UMC.
o Nursery Workers are asked to support the overall ministry of SA-UMC by participating in events throughout the year that require a nursery including but not limited to: weddings, funerals, meetings, special events (ie. Mardi Gras and Trunk or Treat), Advent/Christmas services (ie. Longest Night and Christmas Eve), Holy Week services (ie. Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Egg Hunts, Special Easter Sunday services).
· Attend staff meetings when requested by the Senior Pastor
· Additional Duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
· Nursery Workers will report to the Nursery Director.
· The Nursery Worker will also receive support, guidance, and evaluation by:
o the Senior Pastor,
o the Staff Parish Relations Committee
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements:
· Exhibits an attractive spirituality reflecting Jesus’ command to love God and to love neighbor
· Belief in the SA-UMC Mission and Core Values.
o Our Mission is to connect people to Jesus for the transformation of the world
o Our Core Values are Faith, Authenticity, and Excellence in all we do.
· High-level organizational skills with attention to details and cleanliness
Work Week and Time Away: